Is it time to start looking for a nursing home for an elderly loved one? This is never an easy process, but our free Consumers’ Guide to Connecticut Nursing Homes can help you choose the best possible placement for your loved one. Fill out our request form, and we will send you a complimentary copy of this valuable resource.
Giving You the Information You Need at This Difficult Time
You want to find a high-quality nursing home with a staff you trust to care for your loved one, but you also have to consider the cost. This free guide not only lists dozens of nursing homes throughout the state of Connecticut, but it also offers tips for choosing a facility and for helping your loved one get the best possible care. Topics covered by elder law attorney Mark R. Connell in this booklet include:
- The best time to visit a prospective nursing home
- A list of questions to ask when you visit
- An evaluation form to keep track of the pros and cons of each home you visit
- Steps for easing your loved one into her new residence
- Ideas for communicating with staff about your loved one’s needs and preferences
- An outline of the care planning process and how you can help with an individualized care plan
- How you can transition from a caregiver to a care advocate to help your loved one
- Finding ways for your loved one to pay for the nursing home
We invite you to check out this free resource whether you need to find a care facility right away or you want to be prepared for the future.
Our Elder Law Attorney Can Help You Every Step of the Way
Our goal with this free booklet is to give you the help you need when you are confronted by the difficult task of choosing a nursing home, trying to get good care there, and paying for it without going broke. If you need help with any of these tasks, please contact our Branford, Connecticut, office.